Harvestwear bin covers are made from LightBloc, a technically advanced polyethylene cloth with a special reflective coating to reflect strong summer sunlight, ultraviolet rays and the consequent heat generation
With its ability to reflect the light, repress the heat absorption and help to block UV rays, this bin cover will protect your freshly picked fruit. Industry studies have shown exposure of fruit to temperatures over 25°C has a cumulative detrimental effect on its shelf life. Scientifically-controlled experiments have shown Harvestwear’s LightBloc to be capable of keeping fruit temperature below the ambient air temperature - even when the bin is placed in direct sunlight.
A blackout coating laminated on the reverse side eliminates light transfer through the cloth. The woven, laminated construction means LightBloc can be used effectively in applications requiring water resistance. LightBloc bincovers are lightweight, easy to handle and incorporate simple elastic straps in each corner to secure to the bin.
- Lighweight and easy to handle
- Elasticised corner cords for attachment to the bin
- Available in 2 sizes, 1200 x 1200 and 1560 x 1020*
- Sold as a set of 10 units
Designed and made in Invercargill, New Zealand
* Special bin covers are available for plastic bins with an elastic gusset that comes over the sides. For more information get in touch with our sales team, firstname.lastname@example.org